SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN #5
FOR: TROPICAL DEPRESSION “#MaringPH”
TROPICAL CYCLONE: WARNING
ISSUED AT 5:00 AM, 12 September 2017
(Valid for broadcast until the next bulletin to be issued at 5 PM today)
TROPICAL DEPRESSION “MARING” HAS SLIGHTLY INTENSIFIED AS IT CONTINUES TO MOVE TOWARDS QUEZON – AURORA AREA.
• Moderate to heavy rains will be experienced over Bicol region, CALABARZON, MIMAROPA, Metro Manila, Central Luzon, Pangasinan due to TD “MARING.” Residents of these areas are alerted against possible landslide and flashfloods.
• Expected to make landfall this afternoon over Quezon-Aurora area.
• Sea travel is risky over the sastern seaboards of Aurora, Quezon, and Bicol region.
Location of eye/center At 4:00 AM today, the center of Tropical Depression “MARING” was estimated based on all available data at 80 km North of Daet, Camarines Norte(14.8°N, 122.9°E).
Strength Maximum winds of up to 55 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 65 kph.
Forecast Movement Forecast to move West Northwest at 11 kph.
• 24 Hour(Tomorrow morning): In the vicinity of Agno, Pangasinan(16.1°N, 119.8°E)
• 48 Hour(Thursday morning):335 km West of Sinait, Ilocos Sur(17.2°N, 117.3°E)
• 72 Hour(Friday morning): 555 km West Northwest of Sinait, Ilocos Sur(19.4°N, 115.5°E)
• 96 Hour(Saturday morning):825 km West Northwest of Sinait, Ilocos Sur(21.1°N, 113.5°E)
• 120 Hour(Sunday morning):1,025 km Northwest of Sinait, Ilocos Sur(23.0°N, 112.5°E)
Metro Manila, Catanduanes, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Nothern Quezon incl. Polillo Island, Rizal, Bulacan, Pampanga, Quirino, Nueva Ecija, Nueva Vizcaya, Benguet, La Union, Tarlac, Zambales, Bataan, Pangasinan, Laguna, Quirino, and Aurora
Wave Height: (Open Sea) 1.25-4.0 meters
The public and the disaster risk reduction and management council concerned are advised to take appropriate actions and watch for the next weather bulletin to be issued at 8 AM today.
NO SUSPENSION OF CLASSES AS THE MOMENT.